Transfer of CERA functions to inheriting agencies
1 December 2015
LINZ inherits the remaining responsibilities for demolitions and clearing of Crown-owned property in the residential red zone. It also takes over the maintenance and interim land management of Crown-owned land the residential red zones. Please note:
- LINZ will not be making decisions about the longer-term use of the residential red zone land.
- CERA will continue to manage the voluntary Crown offer process in the residential red zone.
CERA has a list of accredited contractors who are authorised to undertake work on Crown owned sites. All contractors who apply for accreditation are assessed to determine their suitability. Many types of accreditation are available.
The level of accreditation a contractor receives from CERA may depend on the following:
- the level of relevant, recent experience
- range of equipment and plant
- degree of relevant insurances, health and safety procedures
- overall management skills and business structure
If you wish to apply for demolition accreditation, please contact email@example.com.