On this page:
- Final settlement information
- Crown offer background information
- Information for property owners booklet
- Insured residential properties
- Not for profit properties
- Dwellings under construction
- Vacant land
- Insured commercial/industrial properties
- Uninsured commercial industrial and residential properties
- Insured residential leasehold properties – Waimakariri District
- Video - Residential red zone settlement process
- Video - On the move in the residential red zone
Details for the offer to eligible property owners in the Port Hills residential red zone are available on the Port Hills crown offer page
The majority of property owners who accepted an offer by the Crown to purchase their property have settled and moved out of the flat land residential red zone. There were 348 property owners who were given an extension by the CERA Chief Executive, on request and based on individual circumstances, to their settlement date.
The final possible date for settlement for property owners who were granted an extension to their Crown offer in the flat land residential red zone is 31 January 2014 (read the media release). There will be no further extensions after that date.
On settlement the property owner needs to have all arrangements in place to move out of the property by the agreed date including:
- having alternative accommodation to move to by the settlement date
- organising assistance to remove all belongings and chattels, and
- arranging for a final electricity reading and the disconnection of the phone.
All property owners who were granted an extension will be contacted and, where appropriate, offered support and assistance to enable them to provide vacant possession on their agreed settlement date. CERA has a property broker available to assist households to secure alternative accommodation if this is required. For more information on this please contact us on 0800 RING CERA (0800 7464 2372) and ask for Nicola or Emma.
Information for property owners booklet [PDF 645KB]
This booklet provides information for residential property owners who have accepted the Crown’s offer to purchase their property, to assist them as they prepare to move. It includes:
- information about the process
- a moving out checklist
- frequently asked questions
- how to access information and assistance
- Purchase offer supporting information [PDF 734KB]
- Purchase offer supporting information: South New Brighton and Southshore [PDF 730KB]
- Fact sheet [PDF 50KB]
This video, featuring CERA's Wendy Rabbidge, outlines the residential red zone settlement process.
This video features an interview between CERA's Warwick Isaacs and CanCERN's Brian Parker.