Residential and commercial property assessment, insurance, debris cleanup, information for employers and employees etc
- EQC (Earthquake Commission)
Insurance cover, cleaning up and making a claim.
- Christchurch City Coucil: building evaluation information
Find information on building evaluations, demolition and the right processes to follow.
- Information for landlords and tenants from the Department of Building and Housing Tenants and landlords affected by the Canterbury earthquake are being encouraged to work together in situations where rental properties have been damaged and may be uninhabitable.
- Housing New Zealand Corporation tenants
If you live in a Housing New Zealand house in Christchurch and have urgent health and safety issues resulting from damage to your house, please call us immediately on free phone 0800 801 601.
- Disaster recovery of archives, records and family treasures
Archives New Zealand advice for records managers, archivists, librarians and the recovery of family collections
- Building safety evaluation during a state of emergency
Building Safety Evaluation Guidelines is a document produced by the New Zealand Society of Earthquake Engineering. It provides guidance for Territorial Authority Building Control Managers to prepare for, implement and manage building structural safety evaluation activities after major earthquakes or other disaster events, and for engineers and others assisting with the process in the field.