CERA media briefing - Friday 14 October 2011
Presenting information were Gerry Brownlee, Minister for Earthquake Recovery and Roger Sutton, Chief Executive, Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority.
- Nearly 5500 white Banks Peninsula properties zoned green
- Changes to the Canterbury Regional Policy Statement speed up urban planning in Christchurch
- Latest release of official data shows economic recovery continuing
- Residential Red Zone settlement update
- Demolitions update
- Significant buildings update including Grand Chancellor Copthorne Durham, and Clarendon Tower, Cashel Mall
- Public Bus tours
The Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA) is the agency established by the Government of New Zealand to lead and coordinate the ongoing recovery effort following the devastating earthquakes of September 2010 and February 2011.
CERA is supporting a range of organisations in making well co-ordinated and timely decisions. It aims to help restore the social, economic, cultural and environmental well-being of greater Christchurch communities.